Thursday, June 01, 2006

When Animals Attack!!!

(In memory of C-Los and the Sheep Incident)

Living in this condo is going to be fun.

The other night, I was randomly looking behind the toilet at the plunger, when I saw what I thought was the world's largest spider leg. My heart started racing. But I was brave. I moved the plunger. It was not the world's largest spider leg. It was, in fact, a mouse tail. Attached to a dead mouse. Yum! Although, a dead mouse is much more acceptable to me than the world's largest spider leg, presumably attached to the world's largest spider. This would require a move on our part. To a different house. Seriously.

Today, while (kind of) enjoying my lunch, Garfield comes racing in to the kitchen. We had a bird. In our kitchen. It was still alive, but it wouldn't be much longer if Garfield had anything to say about it. Then Zoe comes racing into the fray after the poor thing starts scream-chirping. I finally managed to gather it in a dishtowel, after which both of the animals who were attacking it promptly lost interest. I took the bird outside and released it (after a frantic phone call to my dad). But. I don't know how long that bird was in here. If I find bird poo, I am hunting it down. I saw which direction it flew in, so it shouldn't be too hard to find it. Right?

Also, this place is so full of spiders that I feel I have no choice but to get over my fear and try to work with them. Most of the time it has been okay, but occassionally I have had to call in the troops to exterminate what looked to be a particularly vicious spider.

Oh, and dad? I was reading about the Brown Recluse spider, and they said that those spiders can live for something like 4 years. Ewwwww.

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.