Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Okay, I Lied...

I guess I won't post for comments. Because right after I posted my last post, in posty-post land, (is anyone else tired of the word 'post'?) I got mega-busy. Kick my heiny, and your heiny, busy.

Okay...Some stories for y'all. 1st, as Min put it in the comments section of my last post, I did walk her around Barnes & Noble like she was my retarded sister. I don't quite remember how this started, but I do clearly remember standing at the cafe cash register fighting with her over who was paying for coffee. Now if you know Min at all, (most of you don't, so I will fill you in) she tries to pay for everything. Seriously. If I said to her that I was having a hankering for an in-home live performance by Dave Matthews, she would reply something like this: "I don't really dig Dave Matthews, but that sounds cool. Let me pay!"

No sweetie. You don't need to pay. So anyway, we are at the cafe, and I am tired of fighting with her over the coffee. She tries the slick maneuver of just pulling out her wallet, but I promptly smack it out of her hands. So then she goes to pick it up and continues to try to pay! (Hello? Learning curve?) So I snatch said wallet out of her hands and toss it in my purse until the coffee is good and paid for by me, and then return it to her. Sheesh.

We had a lot of fun that weekend! It was awesome to catch up!

And then the rest of the crap came pouring down. I had a conference last weekend. Yippee! All by self! But anywho, as soon as that was over I drove back home. Hubby and I were being let into our new condo a bit early, (Sunday), so we went to Lowe's Saturday night to pick out paint. Let me just abridge this story by saying that things did not go well at Lowe's.

Okay, so I get up bright and early Sunday morning ready to get my paint on. I love to paint. Seriously. Our realtor met me at the condo to give me the key, and then he helped me to unload stuff. He stayed around and chatted for a bit. At the point when I was getting my paint brushes ready, he asked me if I was planning on using the 1/2" paintbrush on the whole house. I made some kind of noise to imply 'no stupid', but inside I was squirming. I don't think it would have been much better for me if I explained that I was planning on using my 2" brush to paint the majority of the house. Britney came over yesterday and asked me what in the world I was going to do with a 4" roller. Well, I have smooth walls which need to be rolled. When I explained this to her, she looked at me like I was the plank I am, and told me that there are bigger rollers available. I told her something to the effect that my arm gets way tired with a bigger roller. (She wasn't buying.) The truth is, I like the smaller roller. I can take the time that I need and use the control and.....Okay, you're right. I'm anal.

Anywho, I have been painting since Sunday, pretty much all day everyday, until today. Today I got over there and I wasn't feeling too hot. And I am flying out tomorrow for another conference, and I need to be feeling well. So today was a short day.

I know this all kind of sounds pretty straightforward, and you are probably wondering why I am whining about being worn out. But trust me when I say that a million minor tragedies have occurred between Sunday and now. I just don't have the strength to type them out now. And even if I did, I wouldn't, because you guys would fall asleep reading about me yammering on about this that and the other.

And, no pics right now. Because I still can't figure out how to bring them up from my slave drive. We will have most likely moved again by the time I figure out how to get the stupid house pictures on my blog. Sorry.

1 Comments:

Blogger E.A.P said...

Feel better and get some stuff done, girly! I'm sure you will, but I thought I'd send you a platitude and take credit for your subsequent success by saying, "see I commented like a true friend and she listened to me."

Because I'm good like that.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.