Monday, May 08, 2006

Mamma Mia

This weekend my dad and I went to Long Island for a conference. We flew in on Thursday, and went to Manhattan Thursday night to see a show on Broadway. We saw Mamma Mia. It was really really good. The music is by Abba, and I like Abba a lot, so it was great for me!

At intermission, my dad asked me how I liked the show. I said that it was great, but a little strange. He wanted to know what was strange about it. Well, there is this one scene where a bunch of guys in wet suits and flippers are dancing around. That's pretty strange. He explains that this is part of the whole 70's thing, and that it's not strange, it's good. Okay.

The opening scene of the second act is a dream sequence. The performers are dressed in swimwear. They are wearing black light activated swimming goggles. They are wearing swim caps with flowers (a la synchronized swimming.) A man comes out wearing a wedding dress. I lean over to dad and said: "you don't find this strange?" He just laughs.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea for weird shows on Broadway! More importantly though... where did you guys eat? Food in NY is awesome!

6:33 AM  
Blogger Plankiest said...

I wanted to post while I had access to the internet, but the laptop I am on is giving me some 'cookies blah problem blah blah' message. So I will mini-post in my own comments section.

So many things have been happening. Hubby and I moved out of our house and into our new condo. We have been busily trying to get the condo ready for living in it. Unfortunately, the time we spent preparing it is overlapping into the living in it portion. In other words, we will be living out of boxes for the next year and a half. Because if we can do it for three weeks, why not 18 months? (Or longer...)

Our computer situation is up in the air right now. I am typing this from a hotel room in NC, because like I said, first time I have been online in a while.

I really apologize to all of you who have e-mailed me. And all of you who have been keeping up with your own blogs, but not receiving comments from me. As soon as the computer is up and running, my blog will be too!

Yay!

Love you all!

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.