Saturday, April 01, 2006

Random-Osity

I have about five different posts that I am going to combo-deal here.

Starting with: I'm sick! Yay! Stupid cold. Hubby made me chicken noodle soup from scratch, (yes, seriously), and as far as I can tell it is yummy. Unfortunately, he made a whole vat of it, so I will have plenty regardless of whether I am sick or not. And I just know that I will hate that soup by the time the cold has left me.

Okay. So when I got back from Australia, I wanted some good ole-fashioned comfort food. Not that the food in Australia was bad, far from it actually. But when you are away from the familiar for any extended amount of time, you miss it really really bad. So hubby and I went on a little raid at the grocery store. One of my purchases was granola.

This granola that I got? Is sick. Seriously. It tastes like Stove-Top Stuffing. I am not kidding. Its only redeeming factor is that Zoe loves it. She thinks that things that taste like Stove-Top Stuffing are great.

I was moaning and wailing to Britney about my granola problem. (Oh, and in case you were wondering: Breadshop's Granola). She recommended that I go to this store called Wild Oats. Apparently they are the answer to all bad granola problems. And they are. They really really are. First off, they sell it in bulk. Second off, they have about a hundred different flavors. I chose the French Vanilla. Yummy.

And finally, something that cracked me up tonight. We had some severe weather roll through here. I am a spaz when it comes to severe weather. Every tornado season I flip out about 8-10 times and think that it is going to get us. Even though I have never been in a tornado or near a tornado in all the time that I have lived in Indiana. But I still flip out.

Flipping out involves:
Gathering all of the animals into the guest bathroom. You can just imagine how well that goes with 3 cats and a dog. Then I grab all the candles that I can and light them, in case the electricity goes out. At this point my guest bathroom rivals Yankee Candle Co. for smells. I also grab my cell phone and whatever other supplies I feel are necessary for survival of The Tornado That Will Kill Me No Matter How Well I Am Prepared. And then an hour or so later it is all over. No tornado. But I am definitely the worse for wear. Trying to keep peace amongst the animals, and trying to keep the animals away from the candles. In a tiny room.

So severe weather rolls through tonight, but I skip the flipping out part. Instead, I am glued to the TV because there is nothing more riveting than watching those storms rip through Indiana. And I make sure to continuously change channels, because I want to make sure that I am getting the best information possible.

What I found particularly funny were the names of these machines that the different stations use to track weather. It cracks me up at how seriously these people take weather forecasting. And it seems like the more drastic a name is, the more they think that you are going to watch them. But the thing is, they all have the same technology. The 3 different ones that I noticed tonight were: Vipir, X something, and Guardian.

I thought it was super funny that Guardian belongs to Fox. The other stations with less scandalous programming use the unnerving names for their weather machines. But Fox? They want to protect you. I guess so you will keep watching Fox, and their crap shows like "Trading Spouses: Meet Your New Mommy", or "Who Wants To Marry A Millionaire?".

Huh.

1 Comments:

Blogger E.A.P said...

Ahahahaha! Awesome.

Also, I was exhausted, feverish and sick throughout those Indiana storms, AND your parents made me go to the basement. Fortunately, they brought pillows and blankets. Yay for being pampered!

Feel better because TONIGHT, we're totally hanging out. Like in the same zipcode and everything. Weee!

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.