Monday, April 10, 2006

Crisis.

Of two varieties. The first:

SPIDER KIND
Ick. Seriously. Okay, so this big ugly spider has been hanging out (literally) on our sliding glass doors. Last year he was there, and I Lysol-ed the crap out of him to no effect. Then cold weather came, and he went away. Now that the nice weather is back, so is he. Or was he. Today, he met his death. It was a combo-move. Part bleach cleaner, part shoe wielded by hubby. Now, inexplicably, I feel guilty.

DOG KIND
Yeah, I think most of the guilt is really coming from this. You see, Zoe hasn't been fully potty trained. We stopped at training when she mostly got it, which meant that she messes in the front where there is linoleum. But now that we are getting a new house, with new floors, we feel that it is time to begin the crate training. Which is going to be a treat. Hubby is already in bed, and I closed the door to the bedroom because I do not want to root Zoe out of bed and wake up the whole neighborhood. So now she is running from the door to me whining, wondering what in the world is going on. She is in for a huge shock when I lock her in her crate and leave her. Almost makes me want to stay up all night long to avoid it. But I can't, I must be strong. Must. Be. Strong.

Pray for us!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crate training is the best! Don't let anyone try to tell you it's cruel. Any good animal trainer/vet/breeder will tell you it's a great way to train dogs. Oscar wasn't thrilled about it at first, but eventually it became his safe haven. If I ran the big scary hair dryer, he would run and hide in his crate - he felt safe there. No need for guilt!!!! But I'll definately say a prayer for ya!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Plankiest said...

Yeah, I know you are right. Because now I have 2 spiders. And they have booby-trapped the sliding glass door. They spun a piece of the web directly to the door, so they know when I open it to let the dog out so they can drop on my head. My solution? Make hubby put the dog out.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Plankiest said...

Oh, and how do you know that I don't have tarantulas out there? Hmm? Hmm?

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.