Thursday, January 12, 2006

Crate & Barrel

My mom and I were in Crate & Barrel last night. Just taking a peek around, and also they have a door that delivered us out into the parking lot. So why not?

Okay, that store makes me nervous. It seems like they pick the most awkward spaces that people want to get into, and then surround the space in glass items. My mom was trying to get a 'bigger picture' view of a dining room table and backed into a shelf full of wine glasses.

The most notable part of our 10 minutes at Crate & Barrel involves these glasses. The Crate & Barrelers arranged them on a free standing display in the middle of a high traffic zone. To make matters worse, the glasses were packed pretty tight onto the display. But there was no lip on the shelf to keep them from rolling off. And they are highly rollable. I just barely touched one with the tip of my finger and it went all over the place. I had to leave the display right then before I suffered from heart failure. Because when you looked at the glasses, did you happen to notice the price? Yep, $5.95. A PIECE!

So anyway, when mom and I were elsewhere in the store, we hear this loud crash and then glass shattering. Although I did not run and check, as was my first inclination, I am positive that it was those stupid glasses that bit it. And some poor guy with a red face who had to hand his credit card over.

So so so so so so glad it wasn't me. Can you imagine me trying to explain that to hubby?

2 Comments:

Blogger E.A.P said...

Yes, but it's still magic, is Crate and Barrel. Yes, indeedy.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Mair said...

These are the stores in which I'm glad I don't carry one of those huge mom purses (yeah, e.a.p, I'm talking to YOU!) I walk with my arms as close to my sides as possible and NEVER TOUCH ANYTHING!

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.