Monday, January 09, 2006

Of Tortillas, Counseling, & Such

So hubby and I got into another fight yesterday. Once again it was stupid and inconsequential. He said that he was going to make Mexican food for dinner, and he had already gone to the store to pick up the essential ingredients. He told me he had purchased corn tortillas.

"I hate corn tortillas. I only like the flour kind."

"Oh, well you just haven't had the right ones!"

"Gee, maybe you're right. I hate corn cake and creamed corn, and most kinds of corn tortillas. I bet I just haven't found the right corn tortilla for me."

Sheesh. Give me a break. Like I don't know myself at ALL! I hate this bull-headed side that some guys get. Like when I was in the dating field (yes, it is like war) and I would meet the guy with the personality that stunk. But he decided that he was my Romeo, and I just hadn't realized yet that I was his Juliet. Like somehow my problem with his personality would magically melt away the more time that I spent with him. (Yes, dad, I do hear your favorite saying about guys in the back of my head. Feel free to enlighten my readers in the comments section.)

Also, hubby ran awry with the whole career counseling thing. He basically said that he thought it was a bunch of hooey. So I told him to SHUT UP, I didn't need to hear that from him. This is something that I think could help point me in a direction, or at least UN-point me in certain directions. And that all he had to do was be supportive, and luckily for him that does not require any words.

I was happy to see the back of him this morning. Now watch him get in some horrific accident, and then he reads my blog from heaven, and then for the rest of my life I am ashamed that those were my last words about him while he was still living.

So to try to make up for that: I am just a little twicky about today's upcoming appointment with the career counselor. I am very excited, but also very nervous. Because I just know that she is going to announce that I am best suited for working at McDonald's. And I really really don't want to hear that. Trust me, if I feel the session start to head that way, I will have no problem telling her to SHUT UP, I don't need to hear that from you.

3 Comments:

Blogger E.A.P said...

Good luck, my dear. Just remember what I always say about boys: "They're dumb."

Just kidding. (Sorta.)

Forgive him, though, even if you have to slap him first.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, fight for your flour tortillas! they're tasty!!!

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is mostly an experiment to see if this works but while I am at it..... The real problem with corn tortillas is that they actually taste like they might be good for you and have nutritional value which never tastes as good as the flour and lard that makes a flour tortilla taste sooo good especially dipped in lots and lots of cheese! Thank you.....Don Pablos
And while I agree that this portion of the argument is not really important the corn vs. flour debate has much more long-term argument potential!!!

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.