Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Randomness.

For real.

First, must fill in people (actually, one person, I have already told everyone else) about my nocturnal ventures. There are two. Brace yourselves.

The first one happened a long time ago, and I do not remember it. Hubby does. Apparently I sat up in bed, glared at hubby, punched him in the chest, said "hm", laid back down and went back to sleep. I really really want to remember this.

The second one happened a couple of nights ago. Hubby came home from work and asked me what I had been dreaming about. I told him I didn't know. "Why?" I kicked him. I sort of remember this, and sort of remember thinking that this was a bad thing to do. But apparently it wasn't bad enough, because when he said ouch I said shut up. See? I am funny even when I am sleeping. But mean. Please don't call the police and report me for spousal abuse.
*********************************
For those unfamiliar with the stars, this will be known as a segue.
*********************************
Hubby got a bottle of The Works Tub & Shower cleaner in his stocking from Grampy & Grandma. Classic.
*********************************
I received a certain Physical Science book from KWB. She wrapped it up as a Christmas gift, and I opened it in front of the whole fam. The problem with this Physical Science book is that I have not been on the winning team once, even though I started it. I hate when that happens.
**********************************
Do you like how I have perfectly aligned the stars?
**********************************
I received a letter in the mail today that was completely unexpected, yet welcome. You see, a long time ago (sometime between November 1, 2000 and September 15, 2003) I signed up for a free credit report. Then, to my shock and dismay, I was billed $79.95 for my FREE credit report.

So, I called them. "Sorry, nothing we can do." Then I faxed them. No response. Finally, I played my father's favorite card: I threatened them with a lawyer. They STILL did not give me my money back.

It appears that I was not the only one who had this problem, because the Federal Trade Commission is making them issue full refunds.

HAH!

That rocks my world.

The gist of the letter is the FTC is saying that the credit report agency did not make the original offer clear. My favorite sentence from this letter (besides the one saying they are giving me my money back) is this: "Although we disagree with the FTC charges, we also want satisfied customers".

Like hell.

But at least I get my money back!

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.