Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Company Christmas Party

So, just about every one of my readers was there this year, but I will go ahead and tell it from my perspective. Also, (now) a slightly more sober perspective.

To start the evening off right, C-Los got into a car accident which totalled her car. She was okay bar a few aches and pains. Nothing that a little free alcohol couldn't take care of. That was my take on it, anyway. I don't know if she was necessarily thinking the same way as I was, but I sure did cash in a little bit on that line of thought.

Plus, I was wearing these great Steve Madden shoes. They definitely called for a few martinis.

Martinis I had! Oh, and just to let you know... I am not a true martini drinker. I don't do real martinis. They have to have plenty of flavored liquor in them to be able to go down. My martini choice for the night was caramel apple. Very frou frou. Very tasty.

I will keep my drunken capers short and sweet.

I was wearing knee highs in a very horrific shade of tan. So fake looking. I am throwing them away, soon. Of course, I just bought them and they stayed in their package until right before we had to leave for the party. So I was stuck. Anywho, at one point in the night I started showing people my knees (whiter than snow). I prefaced the show with "wanna see something sexy?" That way people would know that I was being hilarious, not shamefully inebriated.

Okay, see? That was short and sweet! After re-reading this post I have decided not to spill any more Christmas Party Mishaps 2005, but to end. You are lucky that you got to find out that much about it!

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.