Saturday, December 24, 2005

Happy Holidays!

Yay! It's Christmas Eve! I am psyched!

Seriously. Up until this very moment, I haven't really thought about the fact that Christmas is almost here. Yeah, I bought presents. Yeah, I conned various people to wrap them for me. (I hate wrapping.) Yeah, I ended up having to wrap some of them on my own. (Dad, your gift was one of them, I apologize in advance.)

But it didn't really hit me. Today, when I woke up, I was smacked by the stupid stick big time. And now my heart is beating funny. I feel like I am going over one of those hills in a car all the time. You know, the ones where your stomach ends up in your throat and forces you to giggle a little? Whee!

I am finally in the holiday spirit! Woo hoo! Time for the countdown to gifts! Woo hoo! I have already made most of my friends promise to call me with a loot list. I am excited!

I feel like a little kid. It's great!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that it is ab-fab! I pray for wonderful memories with your families. I pray for peace and contentment for you. I pray that the Lord touches your heart and your spirit is humbled by the true meaning of these days.

Oh, and I also pray that you all get great prezzies!

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.