Thursday, December 15, 2005

Yeah, I am so in trouble for posting this, but I just had to.


I have mentioned previously that hubby is mega-cheap. Well, this is my reaction to one of his more than mega-cheap moments. As you can see, I spent $38.38 out of our joint checking account at Wal-Mart. This somehow precipitated into a fight, that went thus:

hubby: I can't believe you spent that much money at Wal-Mart. (Okay, I could be making up some of his verbage as I can't remember it clearly. I do, however, remember mine. Which is the funny stuff.)
me: I only bought things that we needed.
hubby: Yeah, right.
me: (holding receipt close to my face) Okay, I bought deodorant, because I thought that you were more attracted to me if I smelled good. My fault.
me: I bought warm vanilla room deodorizer because my friend is coming to visit and I didn't want her room to smell like stale gross whatever.
me: Then I bought 4 bottles of The Works tub & shower cleaner, because I use one bottle every time I clean the bathrooms and I didn't want to have to keep running out to the store every time I needed more!
me: I also bought 1 bottle of The Works toilet bowl cleaner, which we had plenty of already. My fault, I owe you $0.94.
me: I bought tampons because I thought that you didn't want me to bleed all over our brand new floor, but now I know I was wrong. I will return them.
me: Then I bought generic store-brand paper towels (against all of my principles, to try to save money) because we needed those. We are almost out of our other ones.
me:Then I bought some brillo pads to clean the toilets. I will return those and use my tongue instead.
me: Then I bought rubber gloves, because the last time I put on my pair, the middle finger came off. But now I see that you would prefer that my hands dissolve in the cleaning fluids.
me: And then I bought two packages of scour pads to help get the grit off the tiles in the shower. So I owe you $4.68 for them, because I am not returning them.

me: So there it is. That's how I spent $38.38 at Wal-Mart. I am a horrible wife. They should have kept me from walking down the aisle.

And then we busted up laughing. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger E.A.P said...

Marital conflict management at its finest. Speaking of marriage, K thought "Pinky the Cat" was most humorous. Thanks for doing your part to strengthen ours! Have a good weekend!

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.