Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It's Not You, It's Me

Or more like, me and my computer.

Really.

So what have I been up to in the 500 years since I last posted?

Well. Let me tell you.

First, my computer broke. Yes, my brand new spiffy computer called it quits. Hate! The. Computer. With. All. Of. My. Heart. (And viscera.)

Speaking of viscera... Guess where I learned that term! That's right! This show. So clever.

Anywho. During my long stay away from my computer, I managed to get attacked by a cat. A cat that lives with this person. I was over there, minding my own business and scooping some litter, when BAM! This cat decides that it doesn't like me in his space. So he proceeds to attack whatever he can reach. And he is no small cat. Uh-uh. He had me backed into the bathroom for a while. It took some yelling, cussing, and a box of Kleenex for me to get out of there. Yes, I was using a box of Kleenex to defend myself from this cat. (And yes Auntie Kay, I know you told me so.)

I may or may not have gotten a really bad sunburn on my back. I may or may not have been inebriated while acquiring supposed sunburn. I may or may not have been sitting on my sister-in-law's boat (which was parked at the dock because she may or may not have made a promise about not driving it). Anyway, I'm not fessing up to anything. *ahem*

We enrolled Zoe into obedience school thanks to Britney (whose roommate is the proud owner of attack-cat). We had our very first training session with the dogs yesterday. Hilarity ensued.

And, I am finally ready to give up my title as Slacker. That's right! I am applying for a job! Woo hoo!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so I never did say thank for taking care of the cats that day. I guess I should put it another way…

Thank you so much for risking you life to scoop poop! I hope you were able to emotionally recover from your thrashing.

Anyhoo. He really is a sweet cat. I know you and Grace don’t agree but he is nice. At least you got out without any physical scars like Grace who will i am sure show you 4 or 5 times to prove her point. But you were back in his territory and he is a good guard cat. We have to make up for Oscar’s lack of killer instincts somewhere. Someone has to protect me in our shady neighborhood.

You blog is quite humorous though ;)

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetheart I told you not to ever ever trust a cat because they are not only limp but you never know where they are or what they will do. Always listen to your auntie because she loves you!!!!! Keep writing I love it!!!

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.