Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Weird-O

Also known as my hubby. I think it is about time that I share with my readers some of the odd things that hubby has said to me. Some of these instances have witnesses, so if you feel like you need proof, let me know.

Once, during conversation, hubby brought up the fact that you can fire a glock under water. Just so you know, his statement had absolutely NOTHING to do with the conversation that was going on. So, me, being the sarcastic person that I am, said that he could shoot fish with a glock. Him, being typically oblivious to my sarcasm, replied in complete earnestness: "I would never do that!"

We don't have cable. This usually works for me, because I don't watch TV very much anyway. But every once in a while I have a fit where I decide that I want cable. During one of these fits I mentioned how cool it would be to also have Tivo. Hubby got really mad. He said he didn't agree with Tivo. Tivo is like watching TV on borrowed time. If you don't have time to watch the show when it is on TV, then you shouldn't watch it at all.

Let's see, what else. OH! He has told me that he is concerned for my health because I read so much. He has gone so far to say that reading is an addiction for me, and like everything else in life, should be done in moderation. My eye started to twitch, and I told him to back away slowly from the 'reading thing' before he got hurt. Even now as I write this, a fierce protectiveness (maybe maternal-like?) rises up in me. I would seriously kill if someone tried to get between me and reading. So he may be right, I may be addicted to reading. But who ever heard of reading being bad for you?

Okay, so there are a few examples for you. Living with hubby is fun! You just never know what he'll come up with next!

1 Comments:

Blogger Plankiest said...

Yeah, I can see why no one would touch this post with a 10-foot comment pole. S'alright.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.