Saturday, February 25, 2006

It Was The Best!

My birthday was the whole week long. Not kidding. Hubby had to work on the day of my birthday, but he was off Monday and Tuesday. We ended up celebrating both days. So fun! Much shopping was accomplished. And I had to shop. Had to. How can a girl go to Australia and not have new stuff to take? Exactly. Had to shop.

Then, C-Los and her roomie took me out on Wednesday night for drinkys. Did I mention that the reason they couldn't come out on Thursday was because they were going to a Coldplay concert? Did I mention that if I didn't have such a forgiving spirit I would still be seething over this? Did I mention that it helped me get over this fact a LOT when they bought me copious martinis? Oh, okay. So you guys are forgiven. I guess.

Then, Thursday afternoon I met my parents for lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. Love The Cheesecake Factory. Yum yum yummy. And then I let them drag me up to Sephora. And then I let them buy me some lip stuff. And my mom? Who rocks my world? Sacrificed her oh so awesome fake clamshell Louis Vuitton purse that I have drooled and drooled over. And then drooled some more. Thank you so much!

Oh! And Thursday I really got to test out my new Razr, because everyone was calling me! It was so fun!

And then, Thursday night me and the girls went out to a bar in Broad Ripple. We had some drinks, and shot some pool. It was really a good time. I think that's all I remember about that night. (I am so kidding.)

Then I had yesterday off from birthday celebrations. Come on, I needed a break! But today is my Grandma's birthday, and so I am going to go help her celebrate. And it will be my first official piece of birthday cake, because somehow in a week's worth of celebrations we couldn't manage to find the time to get me a cake.

Yay birthdays!

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.