Wednesday, March 08, 2006

It's About Time!

I know. Seriously. I haven't posted in ages. I almost forgot how!

But before we get to the meat of it: I just want you to know that I just got back from the grocery store. I hit up the salad bar hardcore. And now I am eating as I post. But am I eating my semi-healthy yummy salad? Nooooooo. It's in the fridge. Right now I am eating Cheddar Nacho Cheez-Its, with the plan of firing up a bag of Double Stuf Peanut Butter Creme Oreos. I got the salad thinking that is has been a long time since I have had fresh vegetables. I don't know how long it takes to get scurvy. But I figure I have at least a couple of hours before it sets in.

Anywho. It really has been so long since I have posted. I have this awesome story that I am going to tell, but I am taking this time to regroup and get back into posting mode.

Okay. Ready? C-Los gave me a ticket to the David Gray concert for my birthday. (Did I complain already about her going to see Coldplay on my birthday?) The concert was Monday at the Murat, which is a really nice place to have a concert. The ticket did not indicate that there would be an opening act, and the marquee didn't either. So we go in, sit down, and the concert starts.

There was an opening band. You will not believe who it was. AQUALUNG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost peed my pants. There was a bad moment when the lead singer said something about this being their last song and they are thinking about putting it on their new album. I almost cried because, hello?, Brighter Than Sunshine! You cannot possibly leave the stage without making me so super happy. It would take so little! Just play Brighter Than Sunshine and then you can go and you won't have to worry about me flipping out and running down the aisle and throwing myself on the stage and trying to make my cell phone look like a gun because, yes, I totally will hold you at gunpoint until you play the song and OH! Thank God! You're playing it! I think C-Los has bruises on her arms from where I almost squeezed the life out of her with multiple hugs.

David Gray was pretty awesome too!

1 Comments:

Blogger freethoughtguy said...

I saw David Gray & Aqualung last Sunday in Oakland. Great and intense show!

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.