Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Posting Again!

Twice! In the same day! By special request! Apparently, I have one person who checks my blog more than once a day. Which is more than I can say for me. Lately, I have been lucky to check it every few weeks.

So, Britney, (I totally spelled her name wrong on purpose) this one's for you! (I am so getting a phone call for this.)

I am going to Australia. In a few days. Seriously. On Monday I leave. I know that somewhere way deep down inside, I am excited as all get out. But right now, it's raining outside, and I have no energy to do the million little things I must do before I leave. Yeah, I am not even looking forward to my hair appointment on Friday, because that is going to interfere with good nap time.

Every time I go on a trip I turn into a hermit in the days leading up to it. So it gets seriously annoying that all these people want to see me before I go, in case I die or something. But that really interferes with time at my house, by myself. My close friends are aware of this syndrome, because when they have managed to drag me out of the house I have turned their life into a living hell. So they usually just call and say "have a nice trip!"

I am this way because of conferences. Being gone for most of the week, sleeping in random hotels, and generally missing my house makes me cling to it while I can.

So, to come full circle: I am excited about Australia, but I am not excited about the things that I will have to do to prepare for Australia, because it will force me to leave the house. I have also seriously thought about buying everything on-line and having it delivered, but I have waited so long to do it that it would cost more money than I have to get it here. Wah! Why doesn't the internet cater to procrastinators? Surely I am not the only one in the world who would benefit from this.

Well, I have to go now. This post was going to be more than a pointless diatribe to try to get everyone else to stop being so lazy so that I can be even lazier, but I have run out of energy to see it through. Wah.

(Mad props to Mrs. America for the reminder that "wah" is fun to use while posting.)

1 Comments:

Blogger E.A.P said...

Man, I missed you while you were gone. You made up for it by posting like 800 frillion times and making my day. Thanks!

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.