Thursday, February 09, 2006

I'm Mad About...

1. Swanson's used to make this awesome chicken salad kit. And then they pulled it, without my approval or permission.

2. There used to be a brand of Cheez-Its that were nacho flavored. Those things were awesome. Once again, pulled, without my permission. And yes, I have tried their recent sad attempt at the nacho Cheez-Its, now known as Fiesta Cheddar Nacho Cheez-Its, and they are not the same.

3. No matter how many lamps I put in the living room, it still seems like I am huddled in a light-sucking cave trying to read my books. It was no help that one lamp blew a light bulb today. Considered starting a camp fire, but re-considered after I thought of how char marks on the floor would decrease the selling value of our house.

4. Dan Marino's lack of a Super Bowl ring.

5. Still mad about the stupid Colts blowing the first play-off game after such a stellar season.

6. I finally had to take my Christmas village down last week. I came to this realization after Simon knocked one of the figurines off the entertainment center, and Zoe carried it into bed. I woke up the next morning and the figurine was next to my pillow. Stupid pets trying to shame me about how long I keep up the Christmas decs.

7. I'm mad that I can't find my Super Mario World game. You know, the really cool one with Yoshi? Annually I get the urge to play this game, and I play it until I want to puke and then I put it up again. I guess when I put it up last year I was thinking that I would never want to play it again, because I hid it really well.

I know there's more, but I can't think of any of it right now. But, on the brightside, I could probably make a weekly thing out of this 'Things I'm Mad About' thing. Yay! Tune in regularly for angst ridden, selfishly focused on me, completely irrelevant to anything important writing! Fun fun fun!

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.