Thursday, February 02, 2006

Sephora, Again

This post is to cover multiple sins. 1-Because I haven't posted in a while. 2-Because I haven't done the 2nd part of The Lip Review. 3-Because you need to know how Sephora has changed my life. 4-Because my makeup has not seen the light of day in weeks and I am starting to feel naked without it.

So here, I will bare my soul and make-up bag (also purchased from Sephora) for your viewing and reading pleasure! Yay!

Where to begin? Why not with the bag? Okay, now I know what you are thinking. This bag looks really small. It does look really small. But it holds a lot! It holds all of the things that I am getting ready to tell you about, and I still haven't used the zippered pocket on the inside flap yet! I love this bag! It folds up all neat and compact and fits in my bathroom drawer! It is wonderful!

Okay, now on to the good stuff!

First, I put on tinted moisturizer. This moisturizer is supposed to be good for all skin types and it adds a little extra color, but not so much that you look fake. I apply it with a foundation brush which is not from Sephora, but I didn't want to pay their price for a foundation brush. Yet.

Then I put on eyeshadow base, which helps to keep eyeshadow from running and smudging and whatever else it can do. Basically it helps to keep my eyeshadow in place. I use this brush to apply it, because I hate the idea of sticking my germy fingers into the product.

Then I apply this eyeshadow to my lid with this brush. Then I smudge the color with this brush. I use this eyeshadow for many different purposes. I use it highlight the darker color on my lid, and then I use it to line my bottom lid, and then I use it to darken my eyebrows. I am able to perform all of these steps with this brush. To line my top lid I use this. I apply the liner with this brush. For mascara, I use this.

Now, for the final steps! The powder! I actually have two brushes for my powder. This one is specifically for my eyes, to help lock the eyeshadow (again) and to help achieve even coverage around the eyes. This brush is for all-over general coverage, and is great for travel!

That's it! Now, if any of you are so inclined to add up how much money I have spent so far on my face alone, please keep it out of the comments section. Speak no evil. Hear no evil. See no evil. And if me asking you not to do this is not enough, I will add this. I will fight (to the death) anyone who makes any allusion to the price of my cosmetics.

I also have defense strategies set up that totally rationalize the cost, not the least of which is how I feel with my makeup on (like a supermodel). So shut it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Plankiest said...

Did I forget to mention that politics were forbidden on this blog too?

I did? Well, that was stupid.

As for a picture, here you go: :)

Aren't I beautiful?

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.