Thursday, September 15, 2005

My Next to Last Day

Yes, I am quitting my job tomorrow. I have held this job for a good portion of my life. On one hand, it is hard for me to think that I will not be coming into the office anymore after tomorrow. On the other hand, my heart has realized that I am not coming into the office anymore after tomorrow, and so I can't waste time working when I need to strengthen friendships that I have made here in my last moments. (Hey Dad, does the sound good to you?) Oh, and apparently I also need to strengthen my blog. (Quit nodding.)

So. At some point when I am feeling maudlin, I will reminisce about my experiences at my good old job. Right now I am too happy, and too damn fed up to bother. Also, I am having too good of a time letting Jr. bat for me to re-engage into the office world. So who would Jr. be? She is our new marketing person. I am going to post this blog, and give her the address so she can read all about it. And then she might actually put me out of my misery and save certain people the trouble of throwing me a going away party.

Wouldn't that be fun?

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.