Friday, August 19, 2005

No, We Got You

Humph....

So, yesterday was the culmination of events that I have been waiting for all summer long. As all of my readers know, I am leaving my job in a few weeks. I really wanted to leave with a bang, and the best way to do that was to play a prank on my office manager/aunt. So C-Los and I came up with a sizzler of an idea, but things went awry.

Okay, so basically, I had this physical science book at home that my dog enjoyed as a little chew toy. She chewed all of the corners off, as well as inflicting other damage to this book. Well, the idea was to act like this book was returned by a customer because it was "defective." So, we (C-Los and I) made up a customer, made up an address, and put down the phone number for the Target store in the area. Then I had my sister-in-law take the book with her to Miami and mail it from there. Just to add some confusion to the mix.

Well, the book comes into the office. I am not there. The key players who were supposed to carry the prank off in case of my absence panic, and tell. Little stool pigeons. So then they decide to turn the whole thing around on me.

KWB (office manager/aunt) tells me how she hunted down this customer (that didn't exist) and harrassed her. The customer insisted that she had never ordered books from us, and KWB finally says "fine, you can talk to our lawyer." When I hear this, I am hyperventilating.

Finally I say KWB, KWB. "What?" "We got you." "No, we got you."

C-LOS!!!!!!!!!!

I am so mad at her. We spent so much time planning this whole thing, and then like the little rat she is, she jumped ship when it caught on fire. Only she saw another ship, and jumped onto that instead of into the ocean.

Oh but revenge is so sweet and fun.

I told the Marines that she was interested in joining and gave them her e-mail and cell phone number.

1 Comments:

Blogger E.A.P said...

YOU DIDN'T! Oh, man! She's NEVER going to get them to STOP CALLING HER. hahahaha - well done!

Oh, and I'm still mad you're leaving, even if I get your job.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.