Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Surely I Must Have Something To Talk About!

Okay, so recently life has been pretty tame for me. No menacing spiders, no speeding tickets, no new super huge expenditures with which my husband can threaten to divorce me. (Kidding!) But surely I have to have something to say. So, here goes. Forgive me if where it ends up going is nowhere.

Last week I went to the DMB concert. It was awesome! I think it was one of the best DMB concerts that I have been to! Part of the awesomeness was getting to hang out with one of my best friends and my dad in the pavilion. No crappy lawn seats for us! My dad was a new addition to the DMB plan, but it was only because I forgot to invite him until the day of the concert. (Yes, this is my particular style, very last second.)

What else, what else? Well, I got to go to a conference for work with my little Ms. America. My dad was also there. We had a really good time! It was nice to get to spend some one-on-one time with America. Unfortunately most of that time that we spent talking we borrowed from our sleep time, so we were weary girls by the end of the conference.

Well, this is a pretty boring blog. Sorry about that. I am going to go now and see if I can get myself into some trouble... I mean, find an adventure. Then I will have some more interesting things to say!

2 Comments:

Blogger E.A.P said...

Yeah, that whole "staying up late and then working all day" bit is kinda overrated. Since it was our only option, however, we made the best of it. And by "made the best of it" I mean "made your The JW do all the work." Heh.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Plankiest said...

Boyd Tinsley is who you are speaking of. And you are so wrong about Dave not being the best. He is the reason that we were even there! If not for him, you would not have been able to submit your (completely wrong) opinion.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.