Thursday, June 23, 2005

Top 10 Reasons I Got My Nose Pierced

I am pretty sure that everyone who reads this knows that I got my nose pierced. But if you didn't, I did. Here are my top 10 reasons for having it done:

10. It's cute.

9. Something new to accessorize! (Seriously, after I got it done I went home and tried on all of my clothes to see how they looked with it!)

8. I now have a good reason to pick my nose in public. When people stare, I can just point at it, and they nod their heads knowingly.

7. So Auntie Kay can ask "why?"

6. The warm salt-water soaks! (I think only fellow nose-pierced people will understand.)

5. Re-affirmation that I was born with a cute nose.

4. The stupid questions that I can ask about it. For example: If you are swimming underwater and you blow air out your nose, will little air bubbles come out of your piercing? (Apparently the answer is no. I didn't find this out until after I had it pierced. I might not have done it if I had known that beforehand.)

3. Reminding your family members that even if they don't like it, they still have to love you. (Auntie Kay.)

2. My goading limits have been set. I cannot goad someone so much that they will punch me in the nose anymore, so I have to stop right before they reach that point. I know, I know, it's sad that it took a piercing to get me to try not to irritate people so much.

1. It's cute. I know, I already used that one, but come on, weren't the other ones pretty creative?

1 Comments:

Blogger Plankiest said...

I was going to, but then I thought, nah. With you, it goes without saying. And, it is super-cute. Even Grandma said so.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.