Saturday, July 23, 2005

That Was So Good

So, C-Los and I had to go to a conference together this weekend. Our flight left super early on Thursday morning, which already caused a certain amount of stress in dear little C-Los's heart.

So anyway, I get on the bus to leave the parking lot and get to the terminal, and I see C-Los pulling in to the parking lot. She was going to be riding the same bus as me! Yay!

Well, golden opportunity was right in front of me. So, before she pulls into a spot, I call her cell phone. She says "hey, what's up?"

Me: Where are you?
C: I just pulled into the parking lot. Why?
Me: You better hurry up! I am on the plane!
C: Are you kidding me? Our flight doesn't leave for more than an hour.
Me: Well, whatever, I'm on the plane, you better hurry up!
C: Gotta go. (Sound of her clicking off cell phone.)

So then, when C-Los gets out of her car, I duck. I am able to view some very frantic movements on her part before she gets on the bus. As she is walking up the steps, I pop back up and start laughing.

C: I hate you.

What a wonderful way to start the weekend!

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.