Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Okay, just one little preview.

So, I decided to give you guys a little something to tide you over for the weekend, and also to serve as a teaser for blogs to come.

And I know this is so wrong, but I am strangely proud of this particular tale. (To my parents: please pretend that you are reading about somebody else's daughter. It's funnier that way.)

The last time that I went to visit my friend she was in Washington, D.C. Referring to my friend as "my friend" is irritating, so I will call her Fun Trouble, FT for short.

Okay, so FT took me to this bar in DC that was very very old. The appeal to this bar is that you can make your own drinks. You give them money, and they give you all of the fixings for the drink, and off you go! FT and I were partaking of Captain Morgan and Coke. We were having a great time mixing up our drinks, and time passed at a rapid pace. Apparently in DC, the later it gets, the worse it is for people to be out. Well, that's the way I look at it anyway.

So time passes, and we finish with our drinks. We might have had a little too much of the Captain. You can decide.

We walk outside, completely oblivious. We try to cross the street so that we can catch a cab back home. As we are crossing the street, we start to notice some things. Like a jacket wadded up on the ground, with some blood on and around it. And then we noticed some flashing red and blue lights. And then we noticed the ambulance, and the yellow crime scene tape. And then we noticed the police officers coming at us and yelling that we weren't supposed to be walking through a crime scene.

CRIME SCENE????? How did that get there?

1 Comments:

Blogger E.A.P said...

WHERE IS MY NEXT INSTALLMENT? I want my money back! >;)

What's the name of the bar you went to? I might have to hit it up if it's that fun. I'll just leave early. Maybe.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.