Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas!

I just got back home from midnight mass. It was so beautiful, and I cried my eyes out. I am not usually this emotional, but I am chalking it up to the season. NOT ANYTHING ELSE (like pregnancy.) And for those of you who just stumbled over the last bit of that sentence: NOT PREGNANT. (Oh please dear God.)

My Christmas spirit was very slow in coming this year. Probably due to the fact that my co-workers decided to start playing Christmas music on December 1st. I can't think of anything better at killing the little tiny buds of my Christmas spirit than that. Plus the whole shopping thing quickly loses its charm when people are ruder than they have ever been before. Ever.

So, last night. Oh wait, the night before last. Yeah, that's right. Anyhow, I was in the midst of making pie for my family's Christmas Eve get-together when I saw something that freaked me out. My precious little Maddie was vomiting blood. So, after several incoherent phone calls to various people (my mom), I rushed her to the emergency clinic. Only to find out that one of the other animals (Mr. Beans) had bitten her near the base of her tail. The bite had become infected and was oozing pus and blood. Apparently Mr. Beans isn't the only one that tastes like chicken. Maddie is doing well. She has a very undignified shaved patch at the base of her tail, and 2 weeks worth of antibiotics. Merry Christmas Maddie. No catnip for you. Can't afford it after the e-clinic visit.

My dad is in the stage version of Beauty & The Beast. He is playing the role of Maurice, Belle's father. "Crazy old Maurice, huh? Crazy old Maurice, hmm..." I went to opening night, and it was fantastic! I am so proud of my dad! And that is really strange for me, because I am so used to fending off homeschool parents and how crazy they get about him. This really helped to put him and his accomplishments into perspective, and I must say, my chest gets a little puffed out when I tell other people that my dad is in this musical. I think it also helps that I haven't had to listen to one homeschool parent coo over him since July. What is it that they say? Time heals all wounds.

Merry Christmas!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Maddie! I'm so glad she alright. Pet injuries aside, it sounds like you had a pretty good Christmas.

Also, it's your right as a daughter to be proud of your dad, just don't get all gushy ok? I have to listen to that crap enough in the summer. Love ya!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.