Monday, September 18, 2006

Misc.

Hello. Yes yes, it is me. Still alive!

First of all, I am freaking out about this. I spent most of my weekend researching this, and I am convinced that brown recluse spiders have infested my house. And, let me tell you, there is nothing but fuel for this fire to be found on the internet. Stupid internet. My ultimate conclusion: To be safe from brown recluse spiders, I am going to have to build plastic bubbles for every single member of my family to live in. And I will be sure to shake the bubble to make sure that it is free of brown recluse spiders before making someone live in it. Creepy.

Secondly. I am going to get fired for saying something smart-alecky to the wrong person. Today a man asked me if he was supposed to bring a stool sample in his hand. I told him he could do that, or bring it in his hat. Pause. Then I told him to bring it in a baggie. (duh) Laughter. Luckily, the laughter wasn't just on my side of the phone.

This Thursday Hubby and I will have been married for 3 years! Congratulations to us! We are celebrating by getting cable, and by getting a TV for the living room. But of course we both have to work on Thursday, so we are actually celebrating our anniversary tomorrow. So, TV tomorrow! Yippee! (P.S.-I checked with Hallmark, and audio/visual entertainment is the proper way to celebrate a third anniversary.)

And lastily!

I

Have

Dyed

My

Hair

Again.




Blonde! Strawberry blonde if you will. I like it. For at least the next five minutes. Then I will dye it again!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. The fact that the Medical Director of the Indiana Poison Control Center's name is Furbee makes me question his authority.

2. Tell hubby that the appropriate "bonus present" for the 3 year anniversary is TIVO! (Everyone deserves bonus presents)

3. Why are there no pics of the hair?!?!?!

6:32 AM  
Blogger E.A.P said...

Rock on with your bad, dye-dependent hair follicles. You can quit whenever you want, but not before you post pictures. PICTURES, I SAY.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, I love how the Don always leaves a website reference for his comment. Very "love to learn" of him! Just so you know, your recluse freak out has rubbed off on me. I went home on Sunday only to perform frequent spider checks because I was positive they were crawling all over me!!! Thanks! I removed my bed's dust ruffle but as my Mom pointed out, my mattress sits on the floor so that won't really do much good....don't care, its staying off. I will not have a recluse hunting ladder hanging on my bed.... But don't worry, I've already used the spider outbreak as an excuse for why I cannot attend either of my classes on Tuesday. The letter has been submitted (with pictures) so keep your fingers crossed!!!
Next time, ask somebody else (maybe someone with a list of website references as backup) to talk you down because I will just continue the freakout......
PS Happy Anniversary!!

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.