Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Day Off!

Hubby and I both had today off!

Side note: It's funny how I am now inspired to make use of my days off, whereas before employment, I was content to sit around the house and do a whole lot of nothing.

Today we went to Indiana Beach. It was the best day to go, because there were only four other people there, besides the people working the rides. So we rode everything without waiting in line! We also had the obligatory corn-dog, followed by the obligatory elephant ear. Yum! And, after playing several of the arcade games, we walked away with a ton of loot! We got: tiny stuffed dolphin (to match the tiny stuffed dolphin I have hanging from my rear-view mirror) (thanks Zinger!), a dragon fly glider, a spider that grows to 600% of its original size when placed in water (may take up to 72 hours to reach full size), a stuffed rose, a porcupine ball, a lighter (it was either that or batteries), and matching skull rings for Hubby and I. We put on our skull rings for the ride home, and sometimes we made them kiss.

Then we stopped at this place in Lafayette that is selling books for amazing prices. We each got 3 books, and our total was $33! Hubby got 3 hardcovers! And they were new books! It was awesome! (Mom- in case you are wondering where this heaven is, it is in the same plaza as PetSmart.)

So, about work. It is great! I have been there for over a week now, and they have already given me 2 days off! (Wait. Is that bad?)

Anyway, I really am having a great time. I still find it hard to believe that I am getting paid to wear scrubs and play with animals. And I barely even mind taking their temperature. Unless they have a lot of fur on their heiny, and then it gets kind of gross. And the people I work with are pretty great too! And! I found out that I don't mind getting up early in the mornings, because I really look forward to going to work! (Dad, I am really sorry if you are at this very moment on your way to the hospital because you just had a heart-attack after reading that last sentence.)

It is really funny when I get home from work, because I have to run to the closet and change before Zoe has a chance to sniff me. Otherwise, I get attacked! She looks at me the way I would look at Hubby if I found lipstick on one of his shirt collars.

The cats don't really care who I have been spending my time with, just as long as they still have food and a clean litterbox.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time I want to play over-price amusement park games I'm taking you with me. I NEVER get that much loot. I want to know your secrets!

5:38 AM  
Blogger E.A.P said...

Awesome. I am SO glad you're loving the job. Don't let Zoe give you any lip - she can't fulfill your needs anyway. >;)

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.