Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The Perfect Lipstick

Hello. I am desperately searching for the perfect lipstick. See, I never wear lipstick for many reasons. I just stick to the good ole reliable ChapStick. Which is nice, if you're 10.

So anyway, I have tried for several years to be a grown woman, and actually wear lipstick. I hate, no wait, not emphatic enough, HATE lipstick. It gives me fish lips. It dries out on my lips in little balls. It ends up all over my teeth. It makes my lips peel. Okay, I have about a million reasons for hating lipstick, so I will stop.

But, once again, I have begun The Perfect Lipstick quest. Have you been on one of these? Similar to searching for the Holy Grail, only even harder to find. This time, the quest brought me to lip stains, or lip dyes.

So now, I am trying this lipgloss/stain by NARS, and so far, so good. Sort of. Plusses= I do not get that bally peely thingie from it so far, and it does last quite a while. Minuses= My hair has a magnetic attraction to my lips all of a sudden, but I think this is a problem suffered by all lipstick wearers with long hair, not just me. I have not worn lipstick in so long (read, ever) that I still feel like I have fish lips.

In case you don't know what fish lips are (to me), it means that my lips are so accentuated by the color of the lipstick that they stick out. Everyone else assures me that I am fine.

So wish me luck. And if you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know.

3 Comments:

Blogger E.A.P said...

Okay, okay. I've been checking this thing religiously ever since you started it and only this time when I clicked on it and then hit refresh did anything come up. Your BLOG is the plankiest. heehee

Anyhow, I totally sympathize with the search for The Perfect Lipstick (TPL). I am too much of a makeup diva to go without it, but I spend so much time imitating TPL's color/consistence that I have a feeling making oil paints from scratch would be easy for me. I am also constantly searching for the shade of lipstick that will colorize my lips naturally for when I'm not wearing makeup but would prefer to appear alive and in good health (I have the lightest lip pigmentation, I swear - I'm like a corpse). I found one sheer lipstick ("sheer" - good word for those seeking moisture and some gloss) from Victoria's Secret Beauty, of all places, but it's just a tad too red and not pink enough so I end up using gloss on top of it.

Okay, I'm such a diva. I'm making myself sick just listening to me. Good luck on your quest. Oh, and (gloss) + (lips) + (long hair) = recipe for looking dumb while swatting at your own head in frustration.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Mair said...

I am a friend of EAP, and I found my way here via comments on her blog. Lipstick...I hate the hair sticking to the lips thing, it happens to me all the time IF I wear my hair down, which I seldom do. But, anyway...may I recommend Avon's Glazewear. It is a very nice lipstick that has the consistency of a gloss. It doesn't feel gross and clumpy on lips and last fairly well. It's my person fave.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Plankiest said...

Thanks you guys for the help. I have a feeling that I will end up emptying out my 401k in order to successfully finish the quest.

But hey, if I find the perfect lipstick, it will be totally worth it! ;)

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

< < Return to the homepage

Listening

b.o.b.:b.o.b. presents the adventures of bobby ray
Containing this year's summer song: nothin' but you.

gorillaz:plastic beach
It's gorillaz. Need I say more?

Reading

Books of Booky Past: these are books that I have recently (or not so recently) read, and recommend.

the plain truth: jodi picoult
This book provided a wealth of information about the Amish community. It was wonderful.

the time traveler's wife: audrey niffenegger (sp?)
This book is like the movie Serendipity. Wow! the first time around, still pretty great for consequent readings.

Present Booky Books: do I really need to explain what this is?

dragon haven: robin hobb
Yeah, it's fantasy. So is Edward Cullen.



Books of the Future: Oooooo!

undecided



Viewing

TELEVISION
glee!
Every guilty pleasure song brought back to you! (Plus dancing!)

so you think you can dance
Nah nah nah nah so you think you can dance dance dance dance. Put me on the hot tamale train!

the office
Ah Steve Carrell.

MOVIES
10 things i hate about you
I love this movie. Plus, what's not to like about Julia Stiles?

clueless
Classic.

mean girls
Okay, I know, I know. Lindsay Lohan is a skank. But she wasn't when this movie came out. At least not in public.

drop dead gorgeous
This movie is absolutely hysterical.